Auto Glass Technician Trainee
Want to be one of our famous technicians in red? We thought so.
Join us as a Technician Trainee, which is the first step to becoming a technician at Safelite. You'll earn money as you learn how to install auto glass and provide exceptional customer service for Safelite AutoGlass.
• Competitive hourly pay -- paid weekly.
• Pay increase to $17/hr + a very lucrative bonus program after 6 months
• Performance-based incentives and bonuses.
• Paid training, vans, smart phone, tools, and uniforms.
• 401(k) with company matching.
• Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 annually).
• Competitive medical insurance.
• Paid time off for R&R and volunteering opportunities in your own community.
• The opportunity to be part of a national organization with career growth potential.
As a Technician Trainee you will become an expert at troubleshooting, working independently, and focusing on attention to detail–all while enjoying the camaraderie of a larger team. This is not your typical desk job; you'll take charge, work outside, use your hands, maximize your mechanical aptitude, and take pride in providing your customers with an experience so great, it's memorable.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Resilience to work in the great outdoors (in all weather conditions).
• Perseverance and strong problem-solving abilities.
• Just enough mechanical knowledge/aptitude to learn auto glass installation.
• An interest in working with cars.
• Valid driver's license with a track record of safe driving.
• Learn through hands-on, classroom, and on-the-job training.
• Install and repair auto glass.
• Understand Safelite's commitment to customer experience.
• Use smart phone applications and Safelite systems.
• Complete supervised installations by embracing a positive attitude and following taught techniques.
• Study to pass a required Safelite certification in order to take the next career step toward becoming a technician.
• Commit to the Safelite Spirit.
• Go out of your way to help solve people's problems and make their day better.
• Find creative ways to get the job done and go above and beyond the expected.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs, routinely lift 30 lbs.
Apply today and we’ll steer you in the right direction!
Safelite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.